Editorial Review: What can two thousand years of winning strategy do for your business?
From ancient battlefields to the modern business landscape, competitors have tried innumerable approaches to conquering adversaries. Success for the victors has taken many forms and traveled many paths, but at its heart, winning strategy can be boiled down to ten universal principles. When learned and implemented, these principals become powerful drivers of business excellence. Renowned strategy expert William A. Cohen, whose considerable experience in the military, corporate, and academic sectors forms the basis for The Art of the Strategist, presents the timeless lessons. With examples including the conquests of Hannibal and Alexander the Great, the political triumphs of Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the business successes of internet giant VeriSign and other high-profile companies, The Art of the Strategist proves how superior strategy trumps other factors in almost every competitive arena. The ten lessons in turn form a road-map to decisive victory in business.
Translated into Korean and Russian. Special English edition published for India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. This book was recommended by:
- General James B. Dalton, Former Chief of Staff of NATO (who also wrote the forward),
- J. B. Hilmes, Lieutenant General, US Army (RET), Group Executive VP, Computer Science Corporation ,
- Reginald Rhein, former Business Week magazine writer and current Washington editor of Scrip World Pharmaceutical News,
- Dave Logan, Ph.D, Associate Dean for Executive Education, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California and Co-author of The Coaching Revolution ,
- Dr. Edwin l. Hullander, Senior Economist, U.S. Agency for International Development ,
- Michael A. Mische, CEO, Synergy Industries, former Principal,
- KPMG Peat Marwick and author of Strategic Renewal: Becoming a High-Performance Organization,
- Harvey Knell, CEO, KCM Management, Inc.,
- Former President and CEO Grace Homes Centers West,
- Herbert Y. Schandler, PhD,
- George C. Marshall Professor of Grand Strategy, and former Chairman of the Strategy Department, Industrial College of the Armed Forces,
- Ambassador Ronald F. Lehman II, Ph.D. former Director of the US Arms Control and Disarmament Agency and Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy ,
- Lt. General (Res) Amnon Lipkin-Shahak (former Chief of Staff Israel Defense Force)